This section of free computer lessons
This section of computer lessons for the elderly and beginners will teach you how to use the Microsoft Office suite of programs, which includes the following programs:
- Microsoft Word – Used for word processing
- Microsoft Excel – Used for creating spreadsheets
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Used for creating presentations
- Microsoft Access – Used for creating databases
- Microsoft Outlook – Used as an email client for sending, receiving, and managing emails.
If you look further down this page you will see a list of some of the different lessons we have on Microsoft Office. You can view them in any order you like and you can view them as many times as you want. The same list of free computer lessons is also shown in the right hand column of this page. All you have to do is click on whichever program you want to learn. The full list of all our lessons can be accessed from the main toolbar menu at the top of every page of this website.
What can be confusing to many computer novices is how there are more than one version of the same program, e.g. Microsoft Word 2013, Microsoft Word 2010, and Microsoft Word 2007. What you need to do is click on the version of the software that you have installed on your computer. You can find this information in your packaging, your purchase receipt and also on the icon on your computer.